Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are people using for CRM, particularly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob999

Programmer
May 23, 2002
US
Customer segmentation. I now have a good size database with about 250,000 customers that I'd really like to classify based on activity and demographic information. I'll probably use the same tools I have for everying else (VB, SQL Server and Excel) but I'm wondering if there's anything easier then writing the routines myself - oh, and it has to be cheap - like my boss ;)...

define cheap....

with 250K contacts and all of the additional flotsam that accompanies it, you'll not be able to buy anything that I would call cheap, and the time they spend paying you to build it is a significant cost.

There are dozens of CRM's out there- it's the new buzzword in sales. It's all about what you need... Michael Phipps
Technical Business Analyst
Mercy Health Plans

Thanks for the response MHPGuy. I guess I would define cheap as no more than a few thousand dollars. And as far as the time they spend paying me, as an employee they view that as a fixed, sunk cost. But I'll look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back