Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are all the ?func= values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2005
NL
About every url in livelink has a objid parameter for the object/document and a func parameter that states what to do with it. A common example is /livelink/llisapi.dll/report.doc?func=doc.Fetch&nodeId=3582612&docTitle=report%2Edoc

Does anyone know what all the possible values for the func parameter are?

These are function request handlers and as greg says your guess is as good as anybody's.Livelink all said and done finally boils down to calling one of the request handlers.There is no definitive list as you are able to add your stuff also.For a short example,if you have builder or SDK,you can go the Ospace called webdoc and see the feature called fRequestHandlers ,you will certainly recognize the
func doc.Fetch there.If you are interested I suggest you get builder training and you will see how easy and organized stuff is in livelink.Also you will notice that
the functions available changes drastically when object subtypes change.For example a livereport does not have a Fetch,but still goes ll&objid=<*****>.If you did not know this your call will still work .I employ this technique using javascript to quell many client download errors etc
livelink/llisapi.dll?func=doc.Fetch&nodeId=3582612

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back