Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsmooth

MIS
Jun 28, 2002
US
My company uses an AIX Unix server for our e-mail (let's just say firstdomain.com), the IS director talked to IBM & our internet provider and got it set up to use another domain e-mail (lets call this otherdomain.net). It was set up in UNIX on our side with some sort of generics table, almost like an alias table. When an e-mail is sent from the command prompt in UNIX and the person gets the e-mail, it is from test@otherdomain.net, but when it is set up properly in outlook express the person gets test@firstdomain.com. What am I doing wrong, or not doing at all to get this to work properly? ----------------------------------------
Fred Horton
Network Administrator
Sherwood Food Distributors
fhorton@sherwoodfoods.com

I also forgot to mention, changes have been made to our firewall as well. Also, the mail server is also the DNS server. ----------------------------------------
Fred Horton
Network Administrator
Sherwood Food Distributors
fhorton@sherwoodfoods.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back