Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What am I in for? Need to Image IBM x345 RAID5 server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxiixx

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2007
US
After reading thread491-181815 I feel I am coming to the game late. My customer has bought two refurb IBM x series model 345 server with 5i controller setup both setup RAID5.

The server is flashed and patched to current as of 9/2006 running W2K3 all NTFS. I tried using Symantecs latest Image Center software (updated 5.7 version of Powerquest Deploy Center Suite) and the software does not see the partitions.

I have learned about the IPSRASPI.SYS drivers from the thread above, and will remake a new boot CD using 98-2 DOS, and hope that when I go back to the customer the Image Center/Deploy Center software will see the partitions.

I have never had problems with Dell or Compaq/HP servers as I have had with these IBM boxes.

Normally I can setup automated imaging of servers seperate from online backups using Image Center and it's scripting, and just use a sheduled task to reboot the server at 10PM on Saturday night to reboot, then I use the JO.SYS from Bart's web site, to force the CD to boot only if it is between 10Pm and 10:07PM (otherwise if you boot the server any other time, it wont start the CD automatically). The the server creates it's images to a scratch drive (non-production drive) and then reboots and the server comes back up fine afterwards.

But if the imaging software can't see the disks there will be no joy, no go, and that will suck.

I hope the aspi driver will work with 98 DOS...

Any hints?

Todd Truman
Mentis Group
Dallas, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back