Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What after CCNA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magsam

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
JO
hi guys ...

i'm now about taking my CCNA exam ... i studied hard for it ... and i'm expecting a high score ... but i'm wondring ... what after my CCNA ?!! should i go for CCNP or MCSE ? ...one more thing ,i'm 17 years old without any exp. .. i mean that i didn't manage one network till now ... but on the other hand i have a good understanding in networks , configuring Routers, Swiches, etc.

plzz ... what is ur advice ?
magsam

I would suggest staying with the Cisco track for right now, and if you have time do your MCSE along with it. Don't be discouraged if you have to start your way from the bottom because of no exp, that is how most of us had to start. I would suggest finding a small tech support job or something you can work part time and stick with it for about a year or so, and then move on. This way you will become a well rounded IT pro and get the good fundamentals which the books can't teach you. Hope this helps

I'm taking the CCNA on the 19th of December and am already inrolled in CCNP on the 11th of January. Keep climbing if you can, the higher the better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back