Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What about new 3.1(29) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibroth

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
IT
Hi guys,

just yesterday Avaya announced 3.1 GA release, does anybody know if 3.1(29) has particular bugs/problems ?

Thank you all

HB

check out the documentation on their support site, there are a few remaining bugs (those that they are willing to admint to) and I got more techtips from their tier4 group

Global IP Office Technical Tip Number 107 - How to save an Avaya IP Office Integrated Messaging Service Message past the Housekeeping timeout
Global IP Office Technical Tip Number 108 - Simple Shortcode for “Direct to Voicemail” transfer
Global IP Office Technical Tip Number 109 - Avaya IP Office Call Status may show “NoUser” with a long call time
Global IP Office Technical Tip Number 110 - Microsoft Outlook Delegates can cause Avaya IP Office Integrated Messaging Pro Clients to respond slowly
Global IP Office Technical Tip Number 111 - Upgrading Avaya IP Office VoiceMail Pro may cause Text to Speech functionality to stop working
Global IP Office Technical Tip Number 112 - Avaya IP Office User programming may appear not to save
Global IP Office Technical Tip Number 113 - Windows 2003 SP1 Security Modifications for Avaya IP Office Voicemail Pro and Avaya IP Office Manager

You missed the good one for this subject - Technical Bulletins 51 (Known Issues and Resolution Schedule November 2005 and February 2006) and 52 (GA of IP Office 3.1).

The GA Technical Bulletins are written by the Avaya guys who run the field trials and are usually pretty honest about those known issues that haven't been resolved.

Good day,

I routinely get email from Avaya and from Vodaone, but seem to be missing some of these notices and bulletins you folks mention... "just yesterday Avaya announced 3.1 GA release, ....."

Please advise what particular signup I must do to get these notices.

Many thanks!

DJ

I like the solution to that "No user w/ long call times". Making the feature code have a timeout on it. I've got users who dial the DND code and walk away, forgetting to hang up. I'm going to do that to all my feature codes.

Kris G.

I tried to upgrade an IP 406 last night to 3.1(29) and the upgrade failed; had to go on-site and use the DTE port. I don't know if it was just bad luck, but even after erasing the config it wouldn't boot with the ip406.bin included with the CD download. So, anyone who hasn't tried this, you might want to be extra cautious -- it made for an annoyingly long night of work last night for me.

Out of intrest on the 3.1 cd I noted there was a 406V2 3.0.99 bin file.

Should you use that when upgrading?

Check Tech Bulletin 52 on IPO 406 V1 and V2 boxes, you need to load the 3.0.99 bin file first.

upgrading from 2.0 (14) I beleive, on a 412. Can you go straight to 3.1?

Just upgraded two 406v2 with SCN from 3.0(59) to 3.1(29) and the upgrade went really smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back