Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WfWI v5.2 and installing selective components...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseNewbie

Programmer
Jan 9, 2004
AU
Hi,

I finally bought a copy of WfWI 5.2 and upgraded my previous copies to the new version... i'm wondering how you can add say a checkbox onto a MSI form to allow an optional component to be installed without having to goto 'Custom' and tick it...

Is this possible?

Say 'Create desktop icon' would enable the installation of a component which(by default) doesnt get installed unless the checkbox is ticked...

any help is greatly appreciated, i'm still learning on how to use Wise above the beginner stuff...

- Emily

This is just a thought, and note that I use version 4.2...

What if you set the checkbox to turn a property on/off like
INSTALL_COMPONENT.

In the Condition field in the Feature table, set the condition to be something like
INSTALL_COMPONENT = 1.
Therefore, this component will only install if this condition is true. Be sure that the CostFinalize action does not execute before this dialog.

I'm sorry. The fourth line is supposed to be "In the Condition Field in the Component table, ..."

Forgive me. It's Monday.

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back