Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WFWI - Upgrade not removing previous version

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamMartin

Programmer
Apr 23, 2003
EU
We've used WFWI version 4 for a previous client software release, and are about to release an update. Ideally we'd like to completely remove the previous version before installing the new one.

I know this sounds like an elementary task, but we've had considerable trouble trying to achieve this. We used the Upgrades page in the Installation expert, pointing at the MSI created for the last install and compiled, transferring both installations over to a clean test machine. Install version 1, no problems. Install version 2, and no uninstall takes place. It seems to just not work at all. Version 2 wise script has a higher version no. than 1 and a different product code. I've followed the instructions in the help, but to no avail - I'm hoping I've just missed something, does anyone have any ideas of things we can try?

Still having problems - has anyone else gotten this feature to work? Just just wondering if someone may have come across something similar.

I've logged a call with Wise on this but haven't received a response yet, when I do I'll post what they say.

Used to have problems but found out that you have to check the boxes on the upgrade page marked as Include maximum version in range other wise it seems not to work , also if you want the uninstall to happen before the install then move RemoveExistingProducts to inbetween InstallValidate and InstallInitialize in the Execute Sequence for it to be removed before the new product down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back