Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We've been sold! I have to split our organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason305

MIS
Jan 15, 2001
US
My division was sold to form a separate company. In our organisation, we have four sites each with one server. The new company consists of 9 offices throughout the US. I've moved the users around so that all my users are on my server. I've also registered a new domain and changes the SMTP addresses.

Now it's time for the big split. I need to move our site to a new organisation and disconnect from our old parent.

Can I do this while keeping the databases intact? I'm hoping to back-up the databases, reinstall, restore and run. Possible? If so, how? If not, how should I procede?

Thanks,

Jason

The simple way is to do a brick level backup with backup exec. then install a new server with the same netbios name and so on and restore then delete the ones you don't want.

The better way is to use the migrate mailbox wizard. If the MS one won't move across organisations, there is a third party wizard that will - I can't recall which works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back