Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Western Digital Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

xit

Technical User
May 29, 2004
US
Got an email from Western Digital today that I thought I would share, might benefit someone.

We're pleased to report that we have restarted production in Thailand and we're seeing a more consistent flow of drives making their way to the channel. As the world's most preferred hard drive brand, WD is focused on delivering the drives you want, and most importantly, ensuring the highest quality that you have come to expect. Please check with your authorized WD distributor of choice for an update on hard drive supply availability and their current pricing. WD Authorized distributors:
ASI MA*Labs
AVNet SED International
Tips to remember when shopping for hard drives: • If your distributor doesn't have the exact model you've requested, don't forget to check if there is something similar that might also suit your needs. • Don't limit yourself to 7200 RPM drives. WD's next generation WD Caviar Green drives feature 64 MB cache and a dual stage actuator for superior precision on top of the power saving and cool, quiet operation that WD Caviar Green is famous for. More Info > D&H Supercom
EZY SYNNEX
Ingram Micro Tech Data

Second

"You don't know what you got, till it's gone..
80's hair band Cinderella or ode to data backups???

Until then Craig's List has plenty of used 160GB hard drives for $79 and up. Bargain city. My used 80GB is looking better all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back