Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Western Digital HDD not working w/ kt7a-RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Readthis13

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
My Maxtor HDD crashed so i went out and bought a western digital, plugged it in, and bios doesnt see it. i have tried plugging in working maxtor HDD's and my mobo see them just fine, but my mobo wont see this new drive for anything. i know that the drive works though because i have plugged it into to another pc with another mobo, and that mobo saw it just fine, so i know that my configuration with the dip switch is fine as well. im out of ideas, please let me know if you can help. thanks

Western digital hard drives on an ide cable by themselves if memory serves me right today you remove the jumper on the hard drive.If it is on the cable with another device then jumper it accordingly.Master if setting it to master slave if set as slave.

has information on how to trick the bios into seeing the drive as a much smaller one, then let windows format it. I had this problem with a 100 Gig WD drive and found the info at the WD web site. Hope this helps.

Ya, thanks about the info, just after i posted this, i found that if you cut the 1st ans 2nd ide wires, the mobo wouldnt reset the hdd, so i cut them, and everything is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back