Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Westell "C90-36R15" and WRT54G

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyrMedic

Programmer
Dec 29, 2006
US
I've tried looking at multiple forums, multiple user manuals, and am ready to pull my hair out.

Using the Westell unit to connect to Verizon by a standard PPPoE setup, and then the Linksys to propegate wireless throughout the house. There is a second computer involved that will be connected via cable to the Linksys. I cannot for the life of me get this to work.

Can I setup the C90 to go into "bridge" mode? If I could, I think I'd be all set. I just can't get to that point.

Thanks.

if you are you using a router with a built in switch the cable coming from the modem goes to the WAN port then use the wired ports. you are usin ppoe which needs authentication so you need to go into the setup on the`router and make sure you have the router configured for a ppoe connection and enter the username and password your isp had given to you. then it all should work. stay away from network bridges if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back