Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

welshee virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

glman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2003
JO
guys
i have welshee virus or nachi virus on my server and the norton and mcafee can not detect it and it is run them self on 10 servises on my server any budy have solution please it is argunt
best wishes

There are several problems associated with the Nachi Virus. The first question that msut be asked, have you applied the security patch as recommended by Microsoft? If you have applied this, have you run the latest version of Stinger from McAfee? Between them these will help to detect if you have the virus, and hopefully, prevent other machines getting infected. Now comes the bad news!! Do you get a blank screen when you open a Windows session? If so you will have to start looking at individual files that have been infected and reload them from the appropriate operating system CD. For example if you are getting a blam screen, you will need to use the expand command to extract eh appropriate file. I am afraid that if your system is badly infected then this process could take some time. On a system that was infected with the Nachi worm, the restoration of the system took about 2hrs!!

If you have any more problemw or wish to discus the problem further, please repost to the user group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back