Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Welcome message for new users in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech84

Technical User
May 18, 2000
US
I know you cannot edit the welcome messages provided by Outlook 2003, but can I add a message that each new user receives the first time they open Outlook? This would be a great help to me!

Thanks,

Mike
[morning]

There is no answer to this one? Nobody's ever wondered this besides me? Is there some other trick you can use to send an e-mail to first-time logons to Exchange?

Mike
[morning]

Oh, lots of people wonder it, it's just that no one has a simple answer. It used to be possible to edit the welcome.msg file for OL2000, but with OL2002 that functionality was disabled, and this is still true for OL2003.

Why MS insist on scoring these own-goals is a mystery to me - lots of people want this. Your only option is a 3rd-party app (if such a thing exists), or maybe a script to create new mailboxes, then you can send a welcome email to the new mailbox as the last command of the script.

When I assign a machine, monitor, phone, account etc, I have my asset database generate it from a template. This also activates the account immediately so the GAL is updated.

Isn't technology wonderful? (Oi, MS, pull your finger out).

Thanks! At least I don't feel alone now!

Mike
[morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back