Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

welcome me with open arms and lots of laughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPLWU

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2003
US
well first thing as a A+ field technician...a customer tells me he wants his hard drive erased, and well thats a pretty easy thing to do .....so i prep it and delete the primary partition and get ready to create a new partition and format it, and then a co worker tells me that the client wanted his data backed up by us, and he didnt do it...great....now i gotta recover that partition...and if i dont....not going to be a pretty sight

Some lessons in Life come harder than others.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

It's not free, but it is about the only alternative: (note, there are other packages and providers of this service, I've just used this one before).

Whatever you do... don't write any data to the HD. The more data that is written to the HD the less chance you have of a good recovery.

Like I tell myself on a bad day....if it were easy, anyone could do this job....

It gets better. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back