Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird XP behavior when deleting a folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coronel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2005
US
Hi Folks.
How are u?
Ok, here is my situation:
A few months ago, i just created a folder in my desktop, i stored a couple of songs in that folder, but here is the weird thing, when that folder was deleted from the desktop, and also deleted from recycle bin, the next day mysteriously is again in my desktop. I've deleted this folder several times from recycle bin and next day again is on my desktop one more time,i can't get rid of this folder; antivirus, ccleaner, antispywares have been performed, and i do not want to perform a clean installation of windows. please help.
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried; from a Command (CMD) prompt;

RD /S Path2MyFolder

eg. RD /S C:\MyDir\TargetFolder

Which should remove the target folder and all sub-folders and files within it. While I have not tested on recent OSs such deletions and removals used not to be sent to the recycle bin; thus your problem may be avoided.

Is the folder stored in this location?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

See if you can delete from there if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back