Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird: UPS Returns Label Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosieb

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2002
GB
I've just had an email from Fechheimer Uniforms:

UPS Returns Label Delivery

This notice tells you that a UPS shipper has sent you an electronic UPS Returns Label.

You can print and use this label to include in your outbound shipment, or send it to the consignee. The label will be available for 10 days.

with 5 links, it all appears to come from ups.com.

However I've never ordered anything from them, so the return label is clearly false. I can't see anything on Google, so I'm wondering what's going on.

Is it just spam, so ignore - or is it something more sinister?

Rosie
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." Richard Feynman

I remember reading something somewhere about that. Supposedly its a virus going around. Its supposed to be on there site somewhere, but I did not look for it.

I would report it to them if I were you.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Is it just spam, so ignore - or is it something more sinister?
always consider such mails as "something more sinister"...

it could also be just a mistake, from Fechheimer Uniforms, where they sent it to the wrong address... seeing that you can send these via UPS to a recipient...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Thanks guys.

I was a bit concerned because I never get spam in my gmail inbox and I had recently had a UPS delivery.

Email duly dely deleted and reported.

Rosie
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." Richard Feynman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back