Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird things on my screen...Windows O/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoanieB

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
US
OK. Know how when you're running a program or something on your PC and you have a program up that is not running anything, it's just open while something else is running?
And you can click and drag the windows around and they blank out "erase" what would show behind them? {Again, this is when a program is running on your PC).
In a program I created, occasionally this happens to my forms. A part of the subform remains showing over the bottom of the main form. (The users keep their screens with a larger pixel setting and must scroll down to see the entire screen.) It disappears when, for instance, we do a "find" and drag the findbox over the area of the screen that is "jumbled" and it clears up right away. This does NOT happen when another program is running. I never have the problem, but my users occasionally do. How can I avoid this? What is it?? Does it have to do with the pixels or some other setting??

Don't think you can.
It happens here all the time here when the server is running slowly. Doesn't seem to affect the running of the application though - providing you are patient and wait ................... and wait. Regards
BrianB
** Let us know if you get something that works !
================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back