Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Text Problems...HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggyRat

Technical User
Dec 17, 2006
US
Crew...

Having a horrific problem w/ Text in Photoshop (CS3). If I create a text bounding box (by clicking on the Text button & drawing a box...any size box...on the screen)...the Cursor flashes at a point way above the bounding box; & of course the text is inserted at that high position, as well.

The cursor itself is also having a problem...it's a heck of a lot longer (higher) than the selected font size, which wouldn't be a problem in-and-of-itself...but...when working w/ previously typed text...if I'm lucky enough to position the cursor correctly within that text...& then select (some text)...because the cursor is so big...it selects two lines of text, instead of one (the one the cursor was placed within).

What in the heck is going on ??? I'm new to CS3...but CS3 shouldn't be functioning like this, should it? Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong w/ the text function, please?

Thanks very much,

Biggy Rat
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended, v10.0.1

...check the baseline shift setting in the character palette, window > character...

...bottom left input field needs to be zero, type that in or select all the text and choose the flyout menu of the character palette and select 'reset character'...

...settings do stick with this palette, so if you make changes like faux bold, italic etc, then your next document will also inherit this style, which isn't always helpful...

...same is true if you quit and restart CS3, the settings will hold, and also can happen if you open someone else's PSD file with these settings...

...i find this very annoying...

Andrew

apeep...

It was the stupid baseline shift...had it too high (have no idea how it got to a number above zero...but)...that was it.

Thanks...my bad...won't happen again,

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back