Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Tenanting Night Service issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I thought I posted this earlier but I don't see it.

This is on a Virtual MiVB rel 8.0

[ul]
[li]I have a Tenant that controls their own Night service[/li]
[li]Up until today, they've been using Dialed Night service via key programming (3 separate keys) [/li]
[li]The Logs show the night service changing as dialled by ext 2000[/li]
[li]The Logs also show it being dialled at 12:30am almost every night - again by ext 2000. No one in the office at that time[/li]
[li]I've checked if business schedules might be involved and they are not[/li]
[/ul]

Question - What could possibly be switching night service at 12:30 am automatically for a tenant and show as dialled by ext 2000?

Now this is a long shot and I've had it before.

Is there someone doing rounds on site? Cleaners or security etc... We've had an instance where the cleaners would come in and clean the phone, accidentally press a DSS key for a user giving them a missed call every Friday morning.

Maybe have them unplug the phone overnight as a test to eliminate something physical.

@Sarond, I considered that but the 12:30 am switch is too consistent. Not exactly 12:30am but within a couple of minutes every day.

That being said, That is the reason I took away the speedcalls and they are now using a 2 step process via the night indication key.

What tenant is being nightswitched ? if not tenant 1 then does that tenant have a master ?

is there any other information in the log , just found this on KMS

Reason Codes for Night Service Switching. Found in 3300 Logs

1 Dialed by device
2 Superkey by device
3 Function key by Console
4 Selected by Console
5 Attendant Busy-out Timer expiry on Console
6 Failure to Communicate with Console';
7 Headset unplugged on Console
8 ManBusy set on Console
9 Now in service: Console
10 Please contact Mitel Technical Support re. Console
11 Now Out of Service: Console
12 CP service command by Administrator

is there any maintenance command scheduling (PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULE)
An automatic service change is handled as if the feature access code was dialed from a set. The service changes on the consoles in the default tenant group. If any consoles are "operator present", they will stay at "operator present" until manually put into "operator absent".

can you change the cos on 2000 to stop it being able to nightswitch as a test - see if it still happens after that is done ?
can you change the dialled night switch codes (FAC) to see if that stops it happening

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest explanation with the fewest assumptions, has the best probability of being correct.

They actually have a night shift that ends at 12:30am and a person is switching the night mode. I'm impressed that they figured out how to use the Night Key after I removed the speedcalls. I thought that option to be unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back