Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEIRD PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdesigns

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Hi
I am using CR 8.5 to write reports from a MS sql server 2000 running a Sage line 500 D/B .The problem is that when I query the D/B for the standard cost / material cost for an specific item I get std cst 0.0300 mat cost 0.0265
If I look at the costings in the d/b itself they are std cst 0.0270 mat cst 0.0265 (this is the correct price).
I have the same prob when querying with MS query in Excel running the query in MS query itself, but when I return the data to excel it returns the correct prices. This problem is obviously compounded when I need to get a total sale/purchase for the product concerned.
Any ideas

It is possible to display 4 decimals and round to only 2. Right click the field in question, and select format. Check the display and round properties.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I have tried this but even rounding to 0.00000001 and displaying as 1.0000000000 it still gives me 0.3000000000

Could it be that the data is rounded before getting to the report ?

query SQL directly and see what you get.

convert the field to string in CR and see what you get.

Mo

Hi
in Excel the prices are correct,when returned from an MS query. in crystal if the fields were rounded then why are'nt both fields rounded ie std cst and mat cst

Just to see if crystal is trying to be to smart
Try and convert the field to text in a formula and see if is different than the numeric one

Mo

converted field to text, got same result

I would suspect connectivity used, try switching to ODBC or to native depending upon what you currently use.

Then make sure that you've applied the service pack

You might also try changing the default decimals for values in the Report->Options to see fi that helps.

-k

Sorry for the delay in responding(holidays).The problem was caused by the control panel regional settings for numbers overriding Crystal, this was set to 2 decimal places changed this to 6 decimal places everything ok now
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back