Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

weird problem with cad2004 settings, need to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbano

Technical User
Feb 11, 2005
CA
hey,
recently, and seemingly out of nowhere, it seems the settings in my cad2004 program have gone a little weird. here's some of the problems i'm having:

-can't use delete key - must delete objects with erase command
-can't see objects during scaling, rotating, moving, etc. only appear after command is over
-can't select objects and then apply command; must choose command first, and then select objects
-changes to linetypes, line thicknesses, and line colors seem to make no difference

it's extremely frustrating, and i have no idea how to get things working normally again. if anyone could help me with this, i'd really appreciate it. thanks-

Hi cbano,

-can't use delete key - must delete objects with erase command ...
-can't select objects and then apply command; must choose command first, and then select objects

Change your [purple]PICKADD[/purple] variable to 1.

-can't see objects during scaling, rotating, moving, etc. only appear after command is over

Change your [purple]DRAGMODE[/purple] variable to Auto.

-changes to linetypes, line thicknesses, and line colors seem to make no difference

I'm not real sure what's causing this, but you may check to see if the drawing is using STB or CTB files, and/or check to see if the geometry is colored by layer, or by entity or on locked layers.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back