Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Polycom issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

progc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2005
US
Anyone have an issue with Polycoms and the 16 port expansion module?

What happens is that when you hang up the polycom it won't get a dial tone again until you power cycle the expansion module.

One thing that is different is that it appears that the firmware is newer on the expansion module. It's listed as 4.1(41) and the rest is on 3.2(54).

Thanks!

bring your expansion module to the same level as your core system, not being correct has been known to cause strange issues like you are reporting

So, how would I downgrade it?

actually I think it's an upgrade. the core system will be 3.2.(54) while the modules usually are 5.2.(54)
4.1.(41) is probably the default from the factory and would match up with a 2.1.(41) core system.
Avaya has a odd way of numbering modules compared to the core.

Where did that module come from? Did your BP install it? if so scold them as they should have know to check this. If you did it yourself then check out the knowledge base for "System Expansions" the instructions are there

Did the upgrade and the module is up to 5.2.54 now.

No one is in the office to check it so we'll see first thing in the AM.

that should do it, I've had customers analog phones do some strange things when the modules are not upgraded properly out of the box.

Now all I get is dead air.

I'm worse off than I started.

uhhhgh

I know you rebooted after the upgrade, but have you ever cycled power to the entire system?

yes, we did.

an odd thing just happened. We power cycled the module again.
It didn't work right away, but it started working 10 minutes later.

We've made several successful calls as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back