Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird picture display in Word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGz

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
HR
Hi! I'm having problems with pictures in Word documents. For example, when I go to another page and then come back to the page with picture, sometimes I can't see the picture or it's smaller (like the center is missing)! When I scroll around picture is changing. That happens with other people documents and the ones I've created...
Btw, I have Microsoft Word 2002 and Windows 2000 Professional SP4...
Thnx!

This is a graphics issue, but just possibley a printer driver issue (though the former is most likely.

Firstly, check at the Internet support sites for the manufacturers of the graphics and printer and make sure that you have the latest drivers and reinstall them.

If that doesn't work, it may be that your graphics isn't up to the task. Word is very demanding of graphics and usually catches out badly written drivers or integrated graphics chips.

If you still have problems, let us know which graphics your system has. Use Windows Key+Break, select Hardware, Device Manager and double-click on Display Adapter. This will tell you what device you have installed.

Regards: tf1

Thnx, tf1!
Well, I have NVidia Riva TNT2 M64 graphics and I have newest drivers installed...
Some other idea?
Greetings!

You could try reducing the graphics acceleration down 1, 2 or 3 notches to see if it resolves the problem (Display Properties, Advanced, Troubleshooting tab), but my gut feeling is that the card, which is quite old now, is probably not up to the job.

Regards: tf1

Thanx for your help, tf1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back