Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird overflow/forwarding setup to a POTS fax line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Installed a 11.0 standard system a year ago for a City Hall with a PRI circuit.
They have numerous departments outside of the PBX/City Hall, all with IP Phones.
One being the Fire Department & the Fire Chief is requesting if/when his IP Phones go down (their IT guy had them down this morning)
the Fire Department lines automatically overflow to their POTS fax line.

So how he would like it set up is,
Call comes in on the Fire Dept. line, rings the 10 IP Phones in the Fire Dept.
After 3 rings, then only ring his Ext 300 3 rings, then his voicemail.
We told him during those last 3 rings to only his Ext. we would have Twinning set up on his Ext 300 to his fax number.
Told him to set the number of rings on his fax machine to answer at 5 rings & to have a single line phone plugged in the Ext port of his fax machine.
Also told him whenever anyone just dials his Ext 300, that SLP will ring always & he was fine with that.

What I have been trying on our 9.1.12 test system is,
Call comes in a Hunt Group, rings the phones I have set for, then go to the overflow after 15 seconds,
Overflow hunt group have a phantom Ext that is forward unconditional to my Ext 16 (his would be the 300)
My Ext 16 have twinning on, including Forwarded Calls Eligible.
We don't really want his Ext 300 to be on Twinning for Hunt Group calls, via it would then ring the fax line 6 rings,
3 for the first Hunt Group, then 3 more for the Overflow Hunt Group.
Noticed by testing the calls would go to my phantom's voicemail instead of mine, but that is fine I will put the Uxxx in my/his
Source Codes.

The problem I'm having on my test system is, I call in, see/hear it ringing the first Hunt Group, but it don't like that
Phantom Ext/Phantom Hunt Group in the Overflow, it just keeps ringing the original/first Hunt Group phones.

Does anyone know how I can get something like this setup correctly, or an easier way if I'm over thinking things?

Sorry so long, wanted to try to get all the detail I could.
Any questions/answers will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I think I ran into this issue before I do not think you can forward to a twinned user. He may need to either live with 6 rings or only have his extension in the overflow group and not the main group.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks critchey,
I was thinking that's the issue.

Have it figured out.
If anyone cares, or wants to know what I did, then I'll type it all out.

Solution is always appreciated.

Ok I'll try to include everything & make it as short as possible

Call comes in the Fire Dept. goes to HG 204 rings the 10 IP Phones
Have the "No Answer Time" set to 17 seconds
In HG 204 Overflow, time=1 second & HG's "214 Fire Dept. Overflow" & "216 Overflow to Mailbox" assigned

In HG 214 have Exts 300 (the Fire Chief) & a spare analog Ext 399 (I tried a spare Digital Ext & didn't work)
The spare analog 399 have Twinning set to his fax line, Mobile Twinning, HG/Forwarded calls eligible & Twin when not logged in, enabled/checked

In HG 216 have phantom Ext 389
Phantom Ext 389 have Unconditional Forward, Forward HG Calls & (probably don't need this one) Forward Internal Calls enabled/checked to 6300

Short Code 6XXX, Voicemail Collect, "#"N

So call comes in, rings the 10 IP phones (including Ext 300) 17 seconds, then overflows to Ext 300 & the fax line 17 seconds, then to 300's voicemail.

Hope this helps anyone & makes sense, like I named the thread a "Weird Overflow/Forwarding setup...." so don't know if will ever be actually needed.

Thanks for posting the solution I gave you pink. Hopefully it ends up helping someone else with a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back