Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird issue with IIS7 & ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauiNick

Programmer
Nov 7, 2013
US
I have a strange situation that I need help with.

Windows 2008 server standard IIS 7.
Traditional ASP with DLLs preparing the page for display.

2 domains secure.takeoutmenuz.com & sample.takeoutmenuz.com

Both have the same asp scripts and are both using the same DLLs

If I access, for example, sample.takeoutmenuz.com/menu.asp?userid=1025 from two different computers simultaneously, one of them will get a 500 error. The 500 error is locked and I have to Restart IIS to get it to clear.

if I access two different domains sharing the same DLLs, for example: sample.takeoutmenuz.com/menu.asp?userid=1025 on one computer and secure.takemoutmenuz.com/menu.asp?userid=1025 from a different computer they both work correctly.

I have logging in the DLL and when I access 2 different domains both show up in the log when started. When I have the 500 error only 1 shows up in the log.

It's only when I access 1 domain simultaneously that the error occurs.

I tried the same domain with two different ASP pages accessing the same DLL and it locked up like using the same ASP page.

The DLLS have error routines in every function and no errors are recorded.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In the first case, you're accessing the same program from two places. In the second, you are accessing two different programs which means two separate instances of the DLL are loaded unless the two programs live in the same directory. It sounds like there is some locking going on either in the program or in the DLL. Is it a cgi based program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back