Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Issue (Prob with nameserver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgePal

MIS
Oct 14, 2002
GR
While everything was working fine, suddenly this morning I could not access my emails from the virtual mailserver we have on the hosting company.

I can download emails of my domain nor access the company's (which is the same domain), while users outside our LAN with same or different provider CAN access the domain (both webmail, pop3, www, etc).

Does this remind you of something? Come some1 help please?

Is your network domain name the same as your external domain name ?

Can you access the IP address ?

Sounds like the DNS server that you are contacting has the incorrect info. Try to manually set your system to a different (outside) DNS server and see if the problem goes away. If it does you know that a DNS system that you are currently contacting is passing back incorrect info.

After finding some information on the internet I set a proxy server for firefox and explorer and now have access to the However I still cannot download from pop3 which is hosted elsewere (3rd party hosting company) and is similar to "mail.myserver.com"/.

If i disable proxy server I still cannot access our (which is still accesible from outside) and also cannot access router menu (Local ip: 192.168.1.2)

Any suggestions?

Forgot to mention that from outside the LAN the pop3 server is accesile and we are able to download the emails.

Also MS Outlook reports the following error : 0x800CCC0F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back