Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird issue dialling CDP - possible database corruptioin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoh74

Technical User
Nov 5, 2004
IE
Hello all,

System: 81c, X21 4.5 on CPPIV, 2 group using FIJI
TIE links using PRI QSIG to IP Office

This system has been giving trouble of late with several sysloads required due to IPE shelves
falling off the air and some other strange things going on.
The system now appears normal i.e. no major errors, FIJI tests fine, Rings are half/half.
For some reason Nortel sets cannot dial the IP Office extensions. I get 'Invalid Condition'
on the handset. No d-chan message so not even an attempt to route the call.
This was working fine and just suddenly stopped. External calls to IP Office
exts which come in to the 81c and should proceed across the TIE links go to the attendant.
I've tried disabling/re-enabling PRI's, Ring full/none on both rings, to no avail.
Also tried a dummy ACD q ncfw'd to a dsc and instead of invalid condition the calls simply
hangs indefinitely. Again no d-chan message in this case either.
I'm not sure what to try next and, as its a fairly large system I need it running smoothly
again as soon as I can.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
aoh

My initial advice is to find out what all your dialled digits are doing. Use the tool to obtain all the information.

Once you know what codes are used to dial the IPO phones, then you can find out how they are made checking the trunks and routes etc.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hi all,

Well here's the outcome. Having tried disabling/re-enabling the circuits (both are on single DPRI card) I decided to
disable all, reseat card and guess what all came back again as normal. Not what I would have expected but it worked.
Just in case anyone comes across anything similar. Sometimes its the last thing you think of......

aoh

My Fiji's had a similar issue not so long ago, & affected the PRI's so I switched the system clocks from 0 to 1 seemed to settle it all down even worked when I forced it back.

Them FIJI's are sensitive little suckers

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back