Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

weird hold issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkellyvota

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2016
US
So I have this issue with ip office

Its in basic but the issue happens when I put line apperances in standard and try this as well. Figured I'd throw this out and see if anyone else had this problem.

So we have a sub shop with 3 phones that gets very busy.

They have 1 extension that they answer phones at we will call it ext 10 and what they do is answer all calls on that phone and put them on hold. From there they use ext 11 to take orders of calls that are on hold and they hit the line buttons to get to the next call. Now here is the issue when they hit the button for line 2 line 1 goes back on hold. However lines 2 and three will hang up when the calls are cycled in this fashion. I've also tested this in standard on a system with line apperances and the same thing happens. However if you were to do this all on ext 11 per say the lines will all disconnect fine. Its only when you put the call on hold from a different extension. Also it is not specific to line 1. So say if you pick up line 2 first and cycle it will still do the same thing now putting line 2 on hold and disconnecting all subsequent lines.

I've tested this on multiple systems running all kinds of 9 and 10 versions to no avail. I've tried putting a dead line in the system where line 1 should be I've tried moving line 1 physically to line 4's slot.

Now the obvious answer is use the drop button, however the customer doesn't want to do this so that option is out. Anyone run into this before I've been racking my brain for 2 weeks on this with no answer coming.

Never used Line Appearance but this FAQ seems to give the best answer faq940-7663

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

right it happens in both modes our customer is in basic mode however. I was just trying to say I've tried it in standard and it doesn't work there either.

In standard mode there shouldn't be a reason to use it.

There is another forum for Basic/Partner mode, although you might find someone here that uses it if you're lucky.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Line appearances do not work correctly with IP office. Generally basic mode limits you so severely that the issues with line appearances are not seen. This does not mean that line appearances magically work in basic they still have issues.

That being said, you already have the answer. Your customer saying they don't want to hit the drop button does not make it any less the answer. They can either hit drop and have it work how they expect or get buggy line appearance randomness. Or pay for an essential edition license, remove the line appearances, and use the phone system as it was intended.

Avaya is not going to ever fix line appearances as analog lines are on the way out and the system was not designed with analog lines in mind.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back