Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird functionality of RS2WC040 RAID board

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopJan

Technical User
Nov 25, 2018
RO
Salutations!

My name is Jan and I have tampered with small servers for a few years, configuring small Intel, DELL, HP servers.

This particular one is an old server, Intel based, it has RS2WC040 RAID board with 3 70Gb SAS SCSI HDDs Seagate 15.5K rpm in RAID5. On this RAID5 there is a Windows Server 2003 installed.

In the Ctrl+G menu I see the Virtual Drive but it's offline with HDD0 not present/recognised and HDD2 Failed. The only HDD in the green is HDD1 as presented in photo.

I checked and HDD0 is spinning, I ejected it and mounted in bay 4 checking cabling and although it is powered it does not get recognised.

From my understanding having a RAID5 with 2 drives failed results in total LOSS... yet I would like to give it a shot to try and recover data but I am willing to wait for proper instructions is any, before attempting other tries.

Thank you in advance, Jan

P.S.: is there a professional recovery service to recover data from these drives and actually get the setup in a working order to have data saved ?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=caf39dae-2fb5-4968-84ab-308efbd4d346&file=20181124_181954.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back