Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird floating table in Internet Explorer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeej21

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
US
Hi all,
I'm trying to create a simple website for a small church ministry. I did all of the coding in Dreamweaver 8. Everything looks the way I want it to except for the very bottom "footer" table in Internet Explorer. If I stretch the browser window down ( I am in really hi-res ), the footer table follows. ( scroll down to see the black footer bar at the bottom of page ) It shouldn't do that! I was hoping that it would stay put. I'd like for the footer to be right below the main content table. It behaves properly in Netscape 8.1. In Netscape, no matter how large I make the window, the footer table doesn't move.

Does anyone have the answer to why my table is "floating" in Internet Explorer? I've searched high and low for the answer for the past 2 days and can't come up with an answer. Please help!

Here's the link to the site I'm working on:

Thank you kindly in advance.

PS: Also, in IE, the footer table causes scrolling no matter how HIGH my resolution. It always sits below the viewable area, so no matter how high my screen res is, I still have to scroll down to see find the footer table. Arrrghh. This is so annoying!!

beacuse u se the height to 100%

body {
background-image: url(../images/bg_blue.jpg);
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
margin:0px;
height:100%;

not sure of your layout but I would stick footer in the bottom row of your layout table.
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back