Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

weird exchange log problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieter2

Technical User
Sep 30, 2006
BE
Hi, I got a strange notice in my(online) backup log.
Mentionning there are some logs missing on the server.

It was a holiday, so no one deleted it manually and I didn't do a full exchange backup.

Are there other settings I can take a look at ?

well, there is not much to tell

I receive this error

Expect log sequence '6759' but found
Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\E000675B.log'

I checked on the server itself and the log is gone, but I didn't do a full backup so I'm wondering why it's gone.

I called the backup firm and they told me it isn't really a problem, the backup program just checks for all the logs they expect to be on the server between full backups.

But I like to know why it's gone, I didn't do a backup of exchange with other software.

(I did do a full backup of all the entire hd's (data not just information store) with ntbackup but I don't think this can be the problem because it was several days before the error and nothing else was running.)

If you did data AND information store, how did you configure it? Agree it sounds unlikely. Most likely is that AV has quarantined it.

Looks like there may be another one missing too.

no, double checked it information store isn't selected

I received the error 2 days after

If you did a back up with ntbackup but didn't select the IS then that isn't really a backup.

Still reckon AV removed the logs.

I did did a backup use the managment tool in sbs 2003,
I don't think you can select the IS this way only the data.

ntbackup on SBS 2003 is Exchange aware and you can select the IS which will then perform a full Exchange backup and flush the committed transaction logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back