Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZuperDuper

Programmer
Jun 4, 2004
US
I m trying to load crystal report viewer on the form, and it works fine on XP, but on 2000 i get an error:

CrystalReportWindwsFormsViewer
Error: c:\ ..\report.rpt: Invalid Parameter Name

I tried the CR formum, but they are sleeping and I dont think that this is report problem, although I might be wrong. The weird thing that the error occurs in a message box as if its an exception that has been catched. I am not having any of the try catch statements anywhere near this.

form3 = New Form3
With form3.CRVIEWER9
.ReportSource = ("C:\Program Files\dc analysis reports\othcount.rpt")
.Show()
form3.Enabled = True
form3.Show()
form3.Text = "All Files in QC directory"
.Visible = True
End With

the error occurs on FORM3.SHOW() line. The question is why. I inserted bunch of MSGBOXES within and the error definately occurs on that line. Now I've looked at the Form3_load() sub, and the weird thing is that error occurs before any statement within FORM3_load.
Nothing else is happenning with form3, except the _dispose procedure, but there I am just setting some global variables, and the windows form designer generated code, which I have not changed. This is very weird, and I am completely stumped. What am I missing?

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

It looks like you have a little too much in your with statement, you are working with the form3.crviewer9 and running the command form3.show, whcih is trying to execute form3.crviewer9.form3.show() as far as i can tell, maybe you should bring that out of the with statement:

form3 = New Form3
With form3.CRVIEWER9
.ReportSource = ("C:\Program Files\dc analysis reports\othcount.rpt")
.Show()
.Visible = True
End With

form3.Enabled = True
form3.Show()
form3.Text = "All Files in QC directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back