Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird error when trying to install third Party Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzamaka

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
DE
About two weeks ago I saw a new update for CloneCD, so I downloaded the file and tried to start the Setup.exe, but nothing happened. I tried again and again and the only thing I noticed was that there were 3 threads named "Setupclonecd" running, but nothing was happening. I thought it might just be a Problem of CloneCD, so I decided to wait for the next Update (since they come out with a new one weekly...). A few days ago I found new VIA drivers and wanted to start the setup with the same result, only that this time no thread was showing.
Well, to make it short I have the same Problem (with no thread) with the Plextor-Software and who knows which other Programms don't work...
The funny thing is though, that some things (as pcAnywhere, Windowblinds, MSI-Software...) still work fine when installing them.
I tried to install every XP-patch from Microsoft I found but nothing helped.
I run XP Pro on a MSI K7T266-Pro2 with VIA KT266A Chipset. Would be nice to see if anybody out there has/had the same problem and knows some answers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back