Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Database Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpAdam

Vendor
Mar 12, 2007
US
Hi everyone. I'm hoping you can help me out with some troubleshooting here.

I had a new server online running IIS, PHP, and MSSQL. Things were working great. My mssql_connect to the localhost were working great and another database was working great with its fat client front end. Then I installed WSUS and Sharepoint Services.

After those two apps were installed, my mssql_connect function was failing intermittently. The other database with the fat client still works great.

So we'll call that Server1.

I brought up a new server (we'll call him Server2). I loaded IIS, PHP, and MSSQL. I copied the database and the webapp over to Server2.

Server2 connects to the database on Server2 with no problems. Server1 can't consistently connect to the databse on Server1.
So I swapped them. Server2's mssql_connect is connecting to Server1 and Server1's mssql_connect is connecting to Server2.

Both of these instances work great! I can't figure out what the issue is. Any thoughts?

Windows 2003 Server, MSSQL2000, PHP 5.2.6.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back