Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Client Access Request on Login...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2001
US
Hey all,

One weird thing I have with my Client Access users. When they log into their systems (with login credentials different from their iSeries creds), most clients will have a dialog box that comes up saying something to the effect of "In order to use this resource you need to sign into iSeries Administration" and asks for the iSeries user name and password.

Clicking cancel doesn't change a bloody thing, and this is before people even start up their iSeries Admin or Emulator sessions; it's only on boot.

Anyone know where to start looking or what this might be? I'm pretty sure it only started happening when I put the latest service pack on the client (but not on the server yet).

Thanks for any help.

jrjuilian,

Open up iSeries Navigator and check you connections. I believe what's happening is when logging into the workstation it's trying to connect to the Application Administration.

Right-Click on your connection under 'My Connections'.
Select Properties.
Select 'Administration System' tab.
I think you can remove or disable the connection, not sure I don't have it running at home. I will verify when I get to work Monday and follow-up.

Rich Bateman
American Bank of Texas
select * from Life where Brain is not null

Rich,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took so long to get back...

Anyway, I went on my installation and I have the tab for "Administration System". I checked "this is not an administration system", and that seemed to cure the problem for me.

But my other clients don't have all the options installed, as they only needed the emulator and basic file functions. Is there a particular module that needed to be installed, or should it only be necessary from the my system I configured?

Thanks again for your help.

J.R. Juiliano

I had this happen to one user of mine. What I had to do was completely uninstall and reinstall. Try that and let me know.

Rich Bateman
American Bank of Texas
select * from Life where Brain is not null

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back