Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEFOCUS FOOTING BOTTOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zynar

Programmer
Apr 15, 2008
US
Hello, Can anyone tell me why the 'FOOTING BOTTOM text1' command in my report persists in diplaying the text 2 lines below the last detail line of the report. According to WEBFOCUS documentation, it should print at the bottom of the page.
My FOOTING command directly follows my HEADING command.

I need a little more detail. What platform, and what release?

I tried the following on a 7.6.4 server, and it worked as expected:

Code:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
HEADING 
"COUNTRY:<COUNTRY"
FOOTING BOTTOM
"END OF COUNTRY <COUNTRY"
END

Could you try this code? If it works, themn it might be something in your code. If it doesn't, then we have a repro.

Good morning, I'm using Webrfocust 7.14, running on an NT Server environment. But the development work is being done on my PC, which is running windows xp professional.
I tried the coding construct you suggested, but it forces unwanted page breaks, and still displays the footing directly (2 lines of space) below the last detail line on the page. Here is code example:
TABLE FILE FNAME
PRINT ITEM2 AS 'Item II'
ITEM3 AS 'Item III'
ITEM4 AS 'Item IV'
BY ITEM1 AS 'Item I' PAGE-BREAK
HEADING "Item Report"
FOOTING BOTTOM "End of Item List"

The FOOTING still appears 2 lines below the last row of items and, by virtue of the PAGE-BREAK, I get an undesired page advance after each row.
I tried to suppress the PAGE-BREAK with a 'WHEN ITEM1 EQ MISSING', to no effect.

Do you have your HEADING and FOOTING text o the same line as the HEADING and FOOTING? I keep getting an error when I try it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back