Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weekly Summary Report over variable time period

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunGodly

Programmer
Jul 16, 2002
US
I'm not a newbie but it's been a while and I'm very rusty. I want to do a report that counts and displays the number of records entered in the database for each week since last July. I'd like this to be dynamic so that I can run the report again in the future, and show totals to date. I'm imagining something fairly simple looking, maybe like this:

7/24/05 - 7/31/05 35 records
8/01/05 - 8/08/05 52 records
etc.

I suppose it would be nice to chart this at some point, too, for a graphic trend display, but that's not imperative at this point.

Can anyone get me started in the right direction?

? group be date interval (Buckets) count entries ?

MichaelRed

Yes, that's it exactly. Now how do I do that?

group by" is a standard SQL agregate term. Reference any reasonable text. "Bucket" is an off hand reference to a property9?) of a crosstab query. check Ms, A, docs on this. It may be refered to as interval? or som such similar term. Just a LITTLE effort should find it. Then you're off on the golden brick road to ...

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back