Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weekly Subgroup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compnstuff

Technical User
Sep 12, 2002
US
Report needed to extract data for forecasting.
I need to have enddate and then report subgroup by week.

I.E. M-F 11/25-11/29
part#-process-qty due-load

Each weekly grouping totalled...

then run a grand total...

I can now get the report going, but do not have weekly subgrouping done. I really don't know where to begin with this, but any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Comp

Create a new field in your query called WeekNo or something similar. Set the report's grouping property to group by the date field you're working with. Set the Group to display both the group header and footer. Next, add an unbound text box to the header and type:
=Format([DateField],"ww")
(You may need to fiddle with the settings of the format function to fine-tune the starting day of the week--see the help file if you do.)
In the Date Footer add unbound text boxes for the fields you want to total and type:
=Sum(FieldName)

-Larry

The Sorting and Grouping feature in Access Reports allows you to select Weekly as one of the options in the Group On Property for Grouping by. As long as you have a DateField in your Record Source, just open the Sorting and Grouping box, select the DateField under Field/Expression, and down in the Group On property select Weekly.

Paul

Thanks to all...i'll give it a try today and see what I come up with.

Thanks PaulBricker...that was what I needed to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back