Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weekly Hardware Cleanup Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryWasp

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2006
US
Since coming onboard to this company I've noticed the POS terminals are FILTHY.

1. There's cumbs in small lines in the touch screen monitors.
2. The entire computer, printer, monitor, etc are all covered in a sticky grime.
3. The components are glued to the table with some coca-cola syruppy goodness.

Anyways, I could go on and on.

I MUST institute a weekly cleanup procedure for this place. Do you guys and gals have any cleanup procedures in place or have any suggestions that I might be able to implement?

do not use any chemical cleaners on the touchscreens, they are more than likely resistive touch screens and chemical cleaners could eat the film that is actually the touchscreen and then they are worthless door stops. Warm water, a soft cloth, and some good elbow grease (no pun intended) will keep the monitors clean. This will pretty much work for all of the components.

Warm damp towels are best solution for cleaning stickiness. If the terminals are in an area that are getting lots of spillage, set it up on an upside down glass rack, or use a piece of that rubber bar matting to keep it from sitting in spillage.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back