Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weekly and Monthly reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MConlin

Technical User
Apr 28, 2005
US
I have a report that shows daily stats for a number of user ids, I need to be able to run a similar report for a week or a month, still sorted on the user id. The current feilds are USER ID, DATE, DEPT, JOB CODE, TOTAL TIME, UNITS, STANDARD, AND %. I want to be able to combine all this data into the weekly and monthly.

Thanks

The easiest method would probably be to create totals queries that group by either the week or month part of your [DATE] field. Then create reports based on these queries.

You could also group on Week or Month in your current report and place totals text boxes in the group footer. Hide the detail section if you don't want to show it.

It is difficult to get a report to group on both week and month since most months don't start on the start of a week.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back