Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

week on week chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabubble

Technical User
Sep 20, 2004
GB
Hi,

I need to show a graph which plots a week on week total of records opened. I am reporting from thursday to wednesday. But the end of week is friday.

How do i group the records raised by thursday to wednesday? I know how to do the totals and charts. I just can't get my head around how to start!

Thank you in advance
Steve

I have sorted the dates into weeks but they are not thursday to wednesday. Do I have to make a formula that subtracts 3 from sundat to get thursday?

DayOfWeek allows you to specify the first day of the week, and hence the day number that a particular day gets. That should allow you to find the date of the most recent Thursday. From this you can get previous weeks on the same basis.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Hi Madawc,

Can't get my head around this one. I have looked in the manuals but it does not show this field.

I do dayofweek (date -7) but get not enough arguments.
I thought it would do the dayofweek is today - 7 therefore if I run it on thursday it should be last thursday is the start of the week :0/

Hey I done it ! but differently

if {@Arrival date} in {@go back a week} to today then yellow
else if {@Arrival date} in Over90Days then blue else white

{go back a week}
today - 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back