Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebSphere global security breaks admin console. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetok

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
US
I have been enabling global security on all my WAS 5.0 environments. The process I am using is the same, however on one of my servers if I enable it I get a "error 500" when I try and access the admin console application. All the other application work correctly. If I disable it then the admin console works fine. I know my user repository is setup correctly as I have to use the correct password to use the wsadmin tool. The only suspicious errors I could find in the logs are:

[1/14/04 16:40:31:696 CST] 614acc33 WebGroup E SRVE0026E:[Servlet Error]-[]: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.ejs.models.base.bindings.applicationbnd.impl.SubjectImpl.hashCode(SubjectImpl.java:83)
[1/14/04 16:40:32:763 CST] 614acc33 WebGroup I SRVE0180I:[adminconsole] [/admin] [Servlet.LOG]: /error.jsp: init
[1/14/04 16:40:41:596 CST] 43ed8c30 OSEListenerDi E PLGN0021E: Servlet Request Processor Exception: Virtual Host/WebGroup Not Found : The web group / has not been defined

Thanks,
Mike

I'm having this exact same problem and am totallly stumped. Did you figure out the answer?

Thanks

I found the answer on IBM's developer zone website. Basically, the problem is caused by invalid console users or console groups. You just have to go into the admin console, and under system administration, delete the users and groups.

After that, you can reenable security.

br

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back