Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

websphere and MQSeries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi everybody,
Currently we are using JDBC for the database access (Os/390 and os/400s)in WebSphere development environment. For the new project we want to use MQSeries instead. In my company we’ve been using MQSeries for a while, but not with Java and not for the Web Applications.
Can anybody who has 'real world' experience with MQSEries+Java+WebSphere environment tell us if there is a good example we can use for our WEbSphere+MQSeries project?
In our JDBC applications we use Connection Pooling. Is there are something like this for the MQSEries? Or just need to connect to Qmanager and do MQPUT or MqGET?
Thank you for the help

We have done a proof concept, which was successful, in the same environment. Currently its under production.

Do you know any web site with a good MQseries+Java examples?

Tatiyana,
I have been working the past year in the exact environment you describe. In answer to your connection pooling question, Yes there is CP capabilities in the new version of the API.(version 5.2.0 +) It has a bunch of JMS stuff with the download, but the actual MQSeries classes for java were also retrofitted for connection pooling based on a token scheme.
YOu can down load these from one of the links below.
I can't give you much more advice about your database question due to the fact there are multiple approaches to having MQ handle this.
Also, if you are utilizing XA or publish and subsribe depending on your architecture you may want to look into JMS.

Hope this helps
K.

Example and additional bulletin board posts:

API downloads:

(Using Java manual, pay attention to chapter 9, it talks about the specific classes)
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/library/books/csqzaw06.pdf

(Gives good generic information with decent links)

Download the newest API:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back