Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Website Video Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enkrypted

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
On our website we have a video on the main page. The video up there now is in SWF format. Due to it being a flash based video, it doesn't display on an iPad. I'm in the process of changing that but have ran into a little snag. I have the video reconvert to support playback on an iPad (H.264) and when I add the code, the video displays, but it doesn't autoplay. The play button has to be pressed for it to work. We need it to autoplay without controls if possible.

Also, with the new code added, there are a couple additional issues as well:

On Firefox - If the parameter "wmode=transparent" is added, the video doesn't show up. It just display a black box. The video plays with no issues on IE and Chrome with "wmode=transparent".

On IE/Chrome - If the parameter "wmode=opaque" is added, the video plays, but the drop down menus on the navigation bar right above the video display behind the video instead of on top of it. The video plays with no issues on Firefox with "wmode=opaque".

What do I need to do to get the video to play on all browsers with no issue of the drop down menu being hidden behind the video as well as autoplay working on all browsers, including the iPad?

Enkrypted
A+

Here's a plugin/module/script that does some things that might help... maybe if you want to take a look:

Last I checked, autoplay isn't enabled yet, but you may be able to enable it in the script files itself. Whether that will work correctly on iPad or not, don't know, but perhaps it's worth a look.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back