Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Website Page Titles and Descriptions best practices questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympus41

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2002
US
Hello,

I need help understanding how page TITLES and page DESCRIPTIONS should be defined for web pages contained within a website. For example, you have a website that sells high performance car parts. You are trying to target “high performance” as one of your keywords. Is it smart to use “high performance” in part of your TITLE and DESCRIPTION on each of your pages that discuss high performance car parts? I have provided examples below:

For a page that gives details on a high performance muffler that you sell.

- The TITLE of “High performance flow muffler by Gibson” is used.

- The DESCRIPTION of “This High performance flow muffler by Gibson will help make your exhaust sound great” is used.

For a page that gives details on a high performance intake system that you sell.

- The TITLE of “High performance fuel intake system by Gibson” is used.

- The DESCRIPTION of “This High performance fuel intake system by Gibson will help your fuel economy” is used.

Is this type of procedure beneficial for SEO?

Thank you very much in advance,

Olympus41

Yep number 2

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Yep #4, but be careful not to overdo it - if your titles and descriptions become overstuffed with keywords, they might begin to turn off potential human visitors regardless of any effect they might have on robots.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back