Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Website being blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECCSMIA

MIS
Jul 26, 2012
US
Good afternoon fellow Tek-Tippers,

I have an unusual issue. I have an end user that is trying to get to a specific site and IE10 and Chrome give him an error message saying website is forbidden. I double checked and made sure it was not our company virus protection or web filter. I confirmed that the site is good by going to the website via another computer and it opened perfect. The website consists of building materials for home and buildings. I tried logging in as administrator on the problem pc and tried to go to the website and I also was blocked from getting to it. I then proceeded to check the firewall settings and internet settings on the local computer and I also added the site to trusted sites. The site that is being blocked is
Is there a way I can clear the history of Internet Explorer so I can go to the site like it is the first time, or is there a registry key I need to modify or eliminate?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Erick B

first item on the Tools menu.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Is that computer set to use a proxy to access the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back