Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Website appearance changes according to users clock time on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovelybones

Technical User
Oct 6, 2007
Hey Guys,

I hope I can word this properly so you can understand what I mean, but if not please let me know so I can explain myself properly. So here I go!

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the appearance of a website according to a persons' time on their computer?

Like you've got two flash movies which are a day and a night version of the website which are being held in a div box - so the day one loads say between the hours of 6am and 6pm, then night time file loads 6pm - 6am.

This being done by some sort of code registering what time the users computers time and loads the relevant file.

Is this actually possible or is it just a dream?

It's possible. Javascript will be able to return time from the client's computer and from then on it is just a matter of switching on the appropriate flash. And you can use SWFObject script to load the flash in the page, which would make it very easy to switch two different flash files depending on the time returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back