Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webserver redirect to ftp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay2501

MIS
Jun 25, 2003
US
I have a windows 2000 server running IIS 5.0. On the website stored here, there is an html form that requests a username and password then redirects to the ftp site (hosted on a different server) using the below .NET code:
URL = "ftp://" & username & ":" & password & "@ftp.mysite.com"
Response.Redirect URL

This worked fine when we had a Linux FTP server, but we recently installed a Windows 2000 FTP server running IIS 5.0 and now this only works for certain users.

Anyone have any ideas?

well.. i would say if only a select numer of users can access it.. i would look at your groups... and i would look at your trusts.. i assum your using your active directory users and computers user database to let users log in...

No, actually this is an external ftp server. No active directory accounts are located on it, just users local to the machine.

After looking in the logs, it looks like users are getting authenticated properly, but when the cwd /directory_name executes, they get a 550.

The redirect actually takes place like this:

ftp://user:password@ftp.mysite.com/directory_name

They are getting a 230 (user logged in, proceed) but when the try to change the directory they get the 550

Also, I forgot to note that if they enter the ftp site directly, without going through the website and getting redirected to it, they can log in fine.

If they type in a browser:
ftp://user:password@ftp.mysite.com/directory
they can get in fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back