Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Websense Consulting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpa1

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US
I'm trying to look for a consultant company to come in and do a demo of websense and implement it if we decide to go with it. Does anyone know where I can find a list of companies that would do this in Houston, TX?

I have more than 20 locations.
Approximately 1000 users.
My 3 main locations have around 250 users each.
The rest has around 25-50 users each.

What are the costs?
How does licensing works?
Is there another better product?
Any good links to read on this?

Thanks =D

Usually once you download the websense product for trial a sales rep contacts you. We have a single location with approx 550 users. We looked at 3 products and chose Websense. Cost and flexibility within the product are important factors. Since I didn't directly deal with the purchasing I wasn't aware of the final cost. You can usually haggle them down a bit from the initial price especially if you're dealing with multiple vendors. Check out their webpage for white papers it'll probably have a document that compares them with their major competitors.
good luck

Hey Dimpa1

What you should do is call one of the following numbers and ask to speak to a sales rep who looks after the Houston Region.

+1 800.723.1166 or +1 858.320.8000

All you have to do next is ask for a sales engineer to come out, demo the product for you with all the new features avail in version 6.1 (which they will do) and at the same time you can ask for the costing etc.
They can even run a test on your network showing productivity, bandwidth and security losses using your current n/w config.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back